lunes, 28 de enero de 2008

Un poema para mí


Matilde

The shy shy fleeting smile
Bids me stop, stay ... linger a while
The steady gaze halts the heart and then beguiles

Beneath soft shining chestnut tresses
Deep pools of olive jade and topaz flashes
Then eyes cast down ... secrets behind long long lashes

To dream and then to dream again ... some more
Of days ... nights ... with my enchantress ... my amor
Warm heavenly nights ... on a Spanish shore

Then skin ... to skin ... limb to ... limb
Soft sighs echo above a heart´s thundering din
Floating soaring ... on love´s hot hot surge to win

Now to lie quiet ... passion spent
Side by side the world is wondrous silent
With her tranquility is heaven sent

But I dream ... I dream too much
For my life is never ever such
Just to see her smile ... must be ... enough

So I´ll just bide my time ... and wait
To go to Madrid ... if I´m allowed by fate
To see the beautiful Mati ... for at least ... a coffee date

F Anthony Booker ~ Salar ~ 2° November 2007

1 comentario:

Mayte dijo...

Hola Mati

Tratare de entender este poema en casa con algo mas de tiempo porque mi inglés de momento no alcanza...sí tu pudierás hacer an small translation.....please

Mayte